Wednesday, January 14, 2009

brewers pick



last nite, at my second home (gingermans), i sampled my new favorite beer: dogfish head's 120 minute imperial india pale ale. since i'm a regular patron at said brew house, the barkeep let me try some of his personal stash that he had been cellaring for 2 years and oh my fuck it was delicious.
the 120 is a fairly rare beer and pretty difficult to get your hands on if you live in the fine republic of Texas. i would recommend liquormax.net if you want to try this delicious beer and i highly recommend that you do. although at $10.00 a bottle you may have to save up some clams, or bones, or whatever the kids call it these days.
it's around 20% abv depending on the year which, i know, sounds ridiculous for a beer but it's not noticeable at first sip unlike other higher percentage beers. the 120 has a surprisingly sweet taste at first but hits you with it's insane hoppiness and with 120 ibu it's sure to satisfy even the most distinguished beer drinking palette. 

1 comment:

  1. First follower, son!

    And I think the kids are calling it "kids" these days. I think I just might spend 10 kids on some Dogfish Head. It's totally worth it if it's twice as good as the 60.

    ReplyDelete